“Capital Markets and Institutional Sustainability" was the title of the 3rd Annual Conference of the Capital Markets Authority, which was held on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at Sheikh Jaber Al Ali Hall, Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmad Cultural Centre. The conference was held in the presence of high-profile economic figures, as well as many concerned and interested persons in securities activities and representatives of listed companies and licensed persons.
The Vice Chairman of the Board of Commissioners - Acting Managing Director at the CMA, Mr. Mishaal Al-Usaimi, opened the conference with a speech in which he reviewed the most important achievements of the recently realized body which fall within the framework of its strategic directions aimed at establishing an attractive investment environment that has the necessary legislative and regulatory efficiency, in particular accession to the membership of the International Organization of Securities Commissions and upgrading the classification of the local securities market into an emerging market.
The conference covered three topics which are as follows:
-The first topic dealt with the impact of the promotion of the Kuwaiti market for emerging market by FTSE RUSSELL.
-The second topic dealt with "Cumulative Voting and Protection of Minority Rights"
-The third reviewed the subject of the CMA's project on qualification exams for registered positions in collaboration with the CISI Institute.
- Mr. Abdulrahman Y. Al Failakawi: Head of Market Readiness Team & Member of CMA Market Development Project Team at the Capital Markets Authority
- Mr. Gary Rynhoud: Director, Head of Middle East and Africa - FTSE RUSSELL
- Khaled A. Alkhaled: CEO of Boursa Kuwait Company / Chairman of the Board of Directors of Kuwait Clearing Company
- Mr. Faisal A. Al-Hamad: CEO of NBK Capital
- Mr. Khaled Y. Alsaqer: Awareness Office Director - CMA Kuwait
- Mr. Fahad M. Bin Hamdan: Manager, Corporate Governance Department (Capital Market Authority - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Mr. Mohammed B. Al-Barrak: .Manager, Annual General Meeting & Board of Directors Membership (Capital Market Authority - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Mr. Abdullah S. Al-Homaizi: Board Member of the Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry & Honorary Treasurer
- Mr. Ahmad M. Al-Faris: Assistant Undersecretary for Corporate Affairs and Commercial Licenses - Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Dr. Fayez A. Al-Kandari: General Legal Counsel (Kuwait Banking Association)
- Mr. Khaled A. Al-Saeed: Board member of the Union of Investment Companies
- Mrs. Zahra R. Almousa: Team Head of qualification exams project for registered employment positions
- Mr. Kevin Moore: Director, Global Business Development in CISI
- “The impact of the promotion of the Kuwaiti market for emerging market by FTSE RUSSELL”/ Mr.Gary Rynhoud- First Session
- "Cumulative Voting and Protection of Minority Rights"/ Mr. Khaled A. Al-Saeed- Second Session
- The results of opinion polls on the cumulative voting
- The completion of the qualifying exams for registered positions and their positive impact on local markets. Mr. /Kevin Moore- Third Session
- Qualifying exams as a professional advancement. Mrs./ Zahra R. Almousa- Third Session
In this section
- Awareness Channel
- CMA Radio
- National Project
- List of Companies and Entities not Licensed by the CMA to Practice Securities Activities
- Persons Restricted from Practicing Securities Activities or Registered Positions and Employment Positions