Title: Announcement Regarding the Resumption of Business and the Mechanism of Work for the General Register of the Capital Markets Authority
Date Publish 28 June 2020
Pursuant to the decision of the Council of Ministers passed in its meeting held on Thursday, June 25, 2020, and the circular the Civil Service Commission No. 15 of 2020 to end the suspension of work in all government entities, the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) announces the resumption of its work as of Tuesday, June 30, 2020, while adhering to the rules of gradual return to work in accordance with the precautionary health controls. In compliance with these controls, the CMA will cease receiving any paper correspondence or material attachments that require personal attendance at the CMA's headquarters for delivery, and accordingly the CMA invites all those addressed in the provisions of Law No. 7 of 2010 regarding the Establishment of the Capital Markets Authority and Regulating Securities Activities and its Executive Bylaws and their amendments, to submit all correspondence addressed to the CMA to the following email address: GR@cma.gov.kw
The following shall be taken in consideration:
1. All email addresses that were created temporarily during the period of disruption in the work of government entities shall be canceled, and no emails addressed to the CMA will be accepted at any address other than the one mentioned above.
2. The original copies sent by email shall be kept at the sending party, until further notice.
3. Electronic correspondence will be received until 1:00 p.m., in relation to the regulating periods stipulated in Law No. 7 of 2010 and its Executive Bylaws, and any resolutions, instructions, or circulars issued by the CMA in this regard.
4. The incoming correspondence shall be an official letter signed by the authorized persons at the sending party and attached to the email.
5. The correspondence shall include the email address approved to receive the CMA's response.
6. The electronic correspondence capacity shall not exceed 20MB.
This system will be implemented until further notice at the discretion of the health authorities and as required by the business interest, noting that the CMA continues to provide its electronic services through the CMA's electronic portal, and other services that include requesting the holding of general assemblies, approval of financial statements, investigation and disciplinary board procedures that did not cease throughout the previous period.
For further information regarding these services and the correspondence mechanism, please visit the CMA’s website: www.cma.gov.kw
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for reference purposes only, visitors are encouraged to review and understand the information provided in the official scanned document attached in the link above (if available). The CMA endeavors to ensure that the information on this page is complete and accurate, but the CMA does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any content at any time. In the event the information on this page is different from the content in the official scanned document attached in the link (if available), the official scanned document attached shall take precedence.